TeraGSS is now embedded in client drivers and is no longer a separately installed package. This eliminates the need to install and configure the TeraGSS package on clients and Unity.
- Simplifies Teradata Tools and Utilities installations.
- No TeraGSS configuration changes need to be performed.
- The default mechanism may now be configured through CLIv2.
- The ODBC and CLIv2 clients are updated to support this change and no longer have requirements for TeraGSS-specific configuration changes.
- The low level Kerberos provider library for Kerberos distributions installed in non-standard locations may now be located through an environment variable rather than through configuration.
- For Unity, TeraGSS has been replaced with TDGSS.
- If you need to configure TeraGSS for a client, you must do so using an administrative package, although Teradata recommends not configuring it. See Teradata GSS Administrative Package in Teradata Vantage™ NewSQL Engine Security Administration, B035-1100.
For more information on packageless TeraGSS, see Teradata Vantage™ NewSQL Engine Security Administration, B035-1100.