PMPC fault isolation significantly reduces the cases in which the PMPC subsystem must be shut down because of internal software errors or faults in PMPC modules. The PMPC subsystem continues to be available after clean up of local resources, in most cases.
- Provides automatic recovery from internal software errors or faults in PMPC tasks.
- Only the PMPC subsystem is restarted for internal software errors or faults in PMPC tasks.
- Does not change any PM/API or Open API interfaces.
- When an internal software error or a fault occurs in PMPC tasks all current MONITOR partition sessions are forced off with an error and logons to the MONITOR partition are temporarily disabled while the PMPC subsystem recovery is in progress. After the recovery is complete the logons to the MONITOR partition are re-enabled. The PMPC subsystem recovery is expected to take up to 3 minutes on a system with a normal workload.
- A snapshot dump may be taken during recovery. The administrator should report the snapshot dump and any related errors in the event log to the Teradata Support Center.
For more information, see Teradata Vantage™ Application Programming Reference, B035-1090.