You can create alerts for a single SiteID or all SiteIDs and select alert actions from the configured action sets in the Alert Setup portlet. You can create different alerts to monitor different conditions for each SiteID depending on the purpose of the SiteID, such as production and development. If you want alerts to monitor the same conditions on any of the SiteIDs, you can create alerts for all sites.
- From the Teradata Viewpoint portal page, click .
- Open the Server Management portlet.
- From the Configure list, click Alerts.
From the SiteIDs list, do one of the following:
- Click All for alerts on all sites.
- Click a SiteID for alerts on a single site.
From the Alerts list, do one of the following:
- Click to add an alert.
- Click in the row of the alert you want to copy.
- Click the name of the alert you want to edit.
- Enter a name for the alert.
- Select Enabled to enable the alert.
Under Alert Rules, do the following:
Select the scope of the alert rule using the Match list.
- All requires all criteria match to trigger the alert.
- Any requires any one criterion match to trigger the alert.
- Select a metric from the list and enter a threshold value.
- [Optional] Add or remove rules.
- [Optional] Select Notify again if alert updates if the alert is updated.
- Select the scope of the alert rule using the Match list.
Under Alert Action, do the following:
- Select an alert action from the Action list.
- [Optional] Type a limit for Do not run twice in ... minutes. The alert action does not run more than once during the time span you entered.
- [Optional] Under Message, enter a message that appears when the alert action executes. Message can use parameters to provide details about alerts that would otherwise not be seen directly with an SNMP trap. See more information about alert actions in Alert Properties.
- Click Apply. If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. Verify the settings are correct and try again.