[SYSUDTLIB.] ST_GEOMETRY [ ( maxlength ) ] [ INLINE LENGTH integer ] [ attribute [...] ]
- The name of the database in which all UDTs are created.
- A positive integer value followed by an optional multiplier.
- maxlength specifies the maximum length of the data type in bytes. You can define a maximum length on a per instance basis. When specified, the data type is used in a manner analogous to the VARBYTE or BLOB data types.
- The length specified only covers the actual data length. The actual storage sizes include additional header information.
- The default value is approximately 16 MB. You can find the actual size of ST_Geometry objects by using the DataSize system function.
- INLINE LENGTH integer
- A positive integer value which specifies the inline storage size. Data that is smaller than or equal to the inline storage size is stored inside the base row; otherwise, it is stored in a LOB subtable.
- The inline length cannot be larger than maxlength.
- The default value is approximately 10,000 bytes.
- Appropriate data attributes.
- An ST_GEOMETRY column supports the following attributes:
- NOT NULL
- DEFAULT NULL
- For more information on using the data attributes, see Teradata Vantage™ - Data Types and Literals, B035-1143.
An ST_GEOMETRY column does not support column storage or column constraint attributes.