||When a user creates a database object, Teradata Database automatically grants privileges to:
- The creator of the object
- A newly created user or database
||You can GRANT privileges:
- Directly to a user or database
- To a role, then GRANT membership in the role to one or more users
- To an external role, then map the role to one or more groups of directory users
||Privileges that a user acquires indirectly:
- All users automatically have the privileges of PUBLIC, a role-like collection of default privileges. You can also grant or revoke privileges for PUBLIC.
- A user inherits all the privileges granted to any roles of which the user is a member.
- Directory users inherit the privileges of the database users and external roles to which they are mapped.
||Security constraints define user access to table rows protected by a corresponding security constraint column.
You can assign the security constraints in a CONSTRAINT object to a: