This feature enables single sign on (SSO) support using Kerberos authentication on UNIX clients: Solaris, MacOS, AIX and HP-UX. This support already exists for Linux clients (JDBC, CLI, and ODBC) and Windows clients (JDBC, CLI, ODBC, and .NET). This feature allows centralized management of user accounts and credentials using Kerberos.
- Provides Kerberos authentication and single sign-on from UNIX clients to the Teradata Database.
- Backdown is allowed to earlier Teradata Tools and Utilities (TTU) versions that don't contain the Kerberos enhancements.
- No SYSINIT is required.
- zLinux is not supported.
- This feature requires TTU 16.10 and a compatible database. Database releases earlier than Release 16.10 can be used with this feature as long as the database is at a version supported by the TTU 16.10 packages.
- To use the feature, external authentication must be enabled on the database. External authentication must be set to 0 (accept both external and traditional logons) or 2 (accept only external logons).
- Sign-on As is not supported on UNIX or Linux.
- SSO only: Native Kerberos does not support Sign-on As.
- Sign-on As is only supported by the Windows Kerberos provider.
For more information on the Kerberos enhancements, see Teradata® Database Security Administration, B035-1100.