- Create a member JOBCARD in ESDLIB containing a valid z/OS JCL JOB card for your installation. The JOBCARD will be automatically added to the customized job streams created in the next two steps.
- Edit the member #INSTCD in ESDLIB to customize all the values there for data set names and locations in the job stream customization process in the next step.Comments in the member should be helpful.
- Ensure that all of the following values are set as needed
at this point since they are required to expand the ESDLIB
and temporary ESD data sets in this procedure:
- ESDLIB ESD LIBRARY DSN
- ESDPFX ESD DATA SET NAMES PREFIX
- ESDU ESD DATA SETS UNIT
- ESDVOL ESD DATA SETS VOLSER
- TPFX HI-LEVEL QUALIFIER(S) (Max 35 Characters)
- TU DASD UNIT NAME (All Target Libraries)
- TVOL VOLSER FOR OTHER TARGET LIBS
- Create customized sample job streams in ESDLIB by running the
following TSO command:EXEC 'fully-qualified-esdlib-dsn(#INSTXEC)'
The use of single quotes and the fully-qualified DSN is required so the TSO EXEC command will not append .CLIST to the library name.
- For a DASD installation, do not change the TVOLSER RELEASE TAPE VOLSER value using the ESDLIB job BLDDA below because it influences the intermediate DASD data set names.
- For a TTU z/OS tape installation, using the ESDLIB job BLDTP, set the TVOLSER RELEASE TAPE VOLSER value to the volume serial ID of the output tape.
- Examine the job streams in ESDLIB members BLDDA andBLDTP to ensure that they were customized correctly. These members create intermediate data sets on DASD or TAPE.
- [Optional] To re-customize these jobs, repeat steps 2-5, as needed.