For new sites or new Teradata servers, the Teradata software is installed at the factory. However, the Teradata Tools and Utilities software for z/OS must be installed from the supplied release media.
- Schedule one working day for the installation. This amount of time should suffice as long as all z/OS preconditioning has been performed, DASD space is available, and all relevant literature has been reviewed.
- An experienced system programmer or system administrator who is familiar with the z/OS operating environment is present.
- The Teradata software package has been received.
- The release media contents have been installed in their entirety.
- For maintenance updates, the installation process automatically determines which software to install to bring the existing system to a new release level. Before you install the new software, all prerequisite software levels indicated in the spreadsheet Teradata Tools and Utilities
Supported Platforms and Product Versions, B035-3119 must be installed.
- All installation procedures must be performed as described, as well as considering the Teradata Tools and
Utilities Release Definition, B035-2029. The document includes additional information such as special installation issues and what modules are on the media.
If you decide to discontinue running the new release, contact your Teradata Customer Service Representative before you attempt to revert to the previous release.