Perform this task only if you are installing from DASD work data sets. If you are installing from a copy of the TTU z/OS distribution tape, skip to Preparing Distribution Tape.
- Expand the ESDLIB PDS created in the previous step into the TTU package installation data sets on DASD by running the job in the ESDLIB member BLDDA. In addition to all of the data sets required for the SMP/E RECEIVE process in the TTU install procedure, this step creates the new TTU PROCLIB installation library. The newly created library will be referred to as TTU.PROCLIB.
- Follow the installation procedure in Installing New Software
with the following exceptions:
- Skip the topic Contents of the Teradata Tools and Utilities Release Media as it applies only to the tape medium.
- Perform the task Customizing JCL, being aware that TTU.PROCLIB members #INSTCD and JOBCARD were copied from library ESDLIB, including all changes that you made, when library TTU.PROCLIB was created.
- Perform all the remaining installation procedures starting
with the task Allocating and Defining Data Sets.Library TPT.H is no longer a non-SMP data set, but is created and loaded during the SMP/E process to install the BASE feature of TTU. Library TRLOAD is still installed by the procedure in the task Loading Non-SMP/E Data Sets.