Available methods to perform the basic installation process:
- #INSTALL – recommended for complete installation
- INSTALL1 – for custom installation
The #INSTALL job performs all of the steps included in the following tasks, but does not require submitting the individual jobs listed in those tasks:
- Loading Non-SMP/E Data Sets
- Allocating and Defining SMP/E Data Sets
- Allocating SMP/E Target and Distribution Libraries
- Providing DDDEF Entries
- To load all SMP/E and non-SMP/E data sets, submit job #INSTALL, which is a member in dbcpfx.PROCLIB.Each step in the #INSTALL job stream is set up with a return code that is checked before proceeding to the next step. If a step in the process fails, all remaining steps are flushed and the job terminates, allowing the user to correct the error and then resubmit the job using the restart capability to begin at the failing step.Detailed information concerning each step of the #INSTALL job can be found within the corresponding jobs in the tasks listed above.
- If you use the #INSTALL job, after the job completes successfully, skip the tasks listed above and go to Performing SMP/E RECEIVE.