To provide complete examples, several sections in this chapter; such as, the summary below, the "Create a Software Repository" section, and the "Create the Batch File that Will Install the Products" section, use SCCM as an example. However, the steps for deployment are the same steps required for any deployment process.
- Install third-party product dependencies on the client computers.
- Uninstall existing products from the client computers.Alternatively, you can have the batch file uninstall existing products before it installs the new products.
- Create a software repository on the system that is running the SCCM server.
- Create the batch file that will install the products during SCCM deployment.
- Use System Center Configuration Manager to deploy the batch file and the product packages to the client computers.