- Close all active Windows programs and temporarily disable any virus protection software running on the client computer.
- Uninstall previous versions of the Teradata Tools and Utilities software.
- If the installation source files are not on the system disk, insert the appropriate media.
- From a command prompt, change directory to \Windows\TTU\.
Run the batch file:
- silent_install.bat "PRODUCT" <installDir> <keepPrevVer>
The installDir parameter is optional. The installDir can be a drive or fully qualified folder. All Suites of the same release (for example, 16.00) are installed to the same prefix. If the installDir parameter is not specified, the default prefix is C:\Program Files [or C:\Program Files (x86)]. Because products from the same release must be installed to the same prefix, if a product has already been installed to a different prefix, the prefix entered here is ignored.
The keepPrevVer parameter is optional. If specified, then the previous release will not be removed. The previous release can be 15.10.10.00 and later. All pre-15.10.10.00 releases will always be removed since those releases cannot co-exist with 16.00. The 15.10.10.00 release and later can co-exist with 16.00.
For a list of PRODUCT parameter values and other details about the command syntax to run the batch file, see Product Parameter Values for Use With Batch Files.Some products include a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version. On a 32-bit system, only the 32-bit version of the product is installed. On a 64-bit system, both versions of the product are installed.Beginning with Teradata Tools and Utilities 14.10, you can start Teradata Wallet from the Start menu.
You can use a single DOS command to silently install Teradata Tools and Utilities products for a particular suite. The silent_install.bat is specific to a Suite and can only be used with that Suite. Each Suite has its own silent_install.bat file.
For a list of products and the media/package each one resides on, see Software Packages.