PrerequisiteYou must make sure the database version information has been collected before you configure the Stats Manager data collector. The Stats Manager data collector will not display in the list of collectors until the database version information is collected.
The Stats Manager data collector can be enabled to collect statistics data for the Stats Manager portlet.
The Stats Manager portlet and data collector are available for systems running Teradata Database 14.10 and later.
- Run the TDStats DIP script so that the TDStats database is created and populated.
- From the Viewpoint portal page, select .
- Open the Monitored Systems portlet.
- From the Systems list, select the name of the system you want to update.
- From the Setup list, select Data Collectors.
- Select the Stats Manager data collector.
- Enter a login name and password.The login name must be unique from the other logins already configured for the system to allow overhead of statistics collection and analysis to be measured separately from other Teradata Viewpoint monitoring overhead.
You also have the option to specify an account string and authentication mechanism.
- [Optional] Click Test to verify that the login settings are correct.If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. If you receive an error, verify that the login credentials are valid and the host can be reached.
- [Optional] Select Grant to provide Viewpoint data collectors with access to Teradata system resources.
- Click Apply.If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. If you receive an error, verify that the settings are correct and try again.