This task needs to be performed only if your version of PUT needs to be updated.
- On your Windows PC, open a web browser and go to the Teradata customer portal at https://support.teradata.com and log in.
- Click .
- On the Certified Configuration Help screen, click Parallel Upgrade Tool (PUT) under Software Patches in the left pane.
- In the Specify the type for PUT Packages section, select the following:
Field Selection Platform The operating system Current Current
- Click Submit.
- On the Teradata PUT screen, select PUTSRC, PUTTools, and TDput for download and write the version number in the following space:TDput ______________________________________PUTSRC____________________________________PUTTools_(Version not required; download is)______
- Complete the download request with the following choices:
Field Selection/Entry Download Type Windows Download Readme Files? No User Name The name on your account The e-mail address on your account Site ID The site ID for your site Change Control Number The Change Control Number previously obtainedThe Change Control Number entered must be valid for your site ID.
- Click Submit.
- Click Download.
- Save the downloaded files and transfer them to the PUT Master Node:
- When asked to click the button to download, click Download.
- In the File Download dialog box, click Save.
- In the Save As dialog box, go to the target directory for the downloaded packages and click Save.The package files are compressed into a single Windows .zip file.
- Extract or unzip the downloaded .zip file.The unzipped files are Linux files in the .gz or .rpm format. Never uncompress a Linux .gz file on a Windows computer. Windows might corrupt the file.
- Use the Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) utility to transfer the .gz or .rpm files to the Master Node download directory and then uncompress the .rpm files (the .gz files do not need to be uncompressed).Make sure you transfer the files using the binary mode, not the ASCII mode.The .zip files are not needed on the Master Node and can be deleted from the Windows system after the upgrade.