1+1 Clique: Primary and Secondary Networks within Cabinets
2+1 Clique: Primary and Secondary Networks within Cabinets
3+1 Clique: Primary and Secondary Networks within Cabinets
- Each VMS hosts a CMIC VM. The CMIC VM runs the server management software.
- A system must have at least two VMSs for redundancy. In systems with only one processing/storage cabinet, the redundant VMS resides in a PFC cabinet.
- Every cabinet contains a primary and a secondary Ethernet switch.
- The CMIC VM hosted by the VMS interfaces with the other chassis in its cabinet through the Ethernet switches.
- Each managed chassis connects to the primary Ethernet switch in its cabinet. Each chassis having a second available Ethernet port connects to the secondary Ethernet switch in its cabinet.
- For port-to-port cabling, see the appropriate Hardware Installation Guide.