16.20 - Rules and Restrictions - Teradata Database - Teradata Vantage NewSQL Engine
Teradata Vantage™ Time Series Tables and Operations
- Teradata Database
- Teradata Vantage NewSQL Engine
- Release Number
- Release Date
- March 2019
- Content Type
- Programming Reference
- Publication ID
- English (United States)
- The source table, target table, or both can be PTI tables.
- If you specify a PRIMARY TIME INDEX clause, the automatically generated columns and their characteristics in the target table are determined by the PRIMARY TIME INDEX clause options, regardless of these columns and characteristics in the source PTI table.
- If you create a non-PTI target table from a PTI source table, any automatically generated columns from the source PTI table are created in the target table, however they are no longer managed by Teradata Database, and their definitions do not include the GENERATED [SYSTEM] TIMECOLUMN attribute from the source PTI table.
- Timestamps in a source PTI table cannot be prior to the timezero_date of the PRIMARY TIME INDEX clause.
- Sequence numbers of rows in a source PTI table cannot exceed the seq_max of the PRIMARY TIME INDEX clause.