Teradata Aster release naming convention changed in January 2013. The release naming convention is as follows:
- AD: Aster Database
- AC: Aster Client
- AA: Aster Analytics Foundation
- AP: Aster AppCenter
Release numbering for all of the above follows this convention:
- XX is a major release.
- YY is a minor release.
- ZZ is a maintenance release.
- nn is a efix or hotpatch.
We use this terminology:
- major release: Major releases of Aster typically introduce new features.
- minor release: Point releases of Aster Database typically provide feature enhancements and bug fixes. A point release may also introduce new features.
- maintenance release: Maintenance releases of Aster typically provide only bug fixes. They may also include feature enhancements.
- efix or hotpatch: Hotpatch release are introduced to address customer issues of an urgent nature.