- Log on as root (or change to root and enter the root password).
- Go to the location where you saved the compressed file.
- Read the readme file to see if it contains additional installation instructions or a list of dependencies.
- Uncompress and untar the files and dependent product packages into a folder for the setup packages.
gunzip package_name | tar xvf
- Uninstall the previous version of software:rpm -e package_name pkgrm package_name installp -R <prefix> -u package_namewhere
- <prefix> is the install prefix (default is /opt)
- package_name is the name of the package to be uninstalled (e.g., bteq1510)
- If the product has dependencies, install them in the following order before you install the downloaded patch:
- Teradata GSS Client (teragss)
- Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata (tdicu)
- Teradata Call-Level Interface version 2 (cliv2)
- Teradata Data Connector API (piom)
- Other Products
- Install the downloaded software:rpm -ivh --nodeps package_name pkgrm package_name installp -R <prefix> -acdFX 'pwd'/product.bff all
where <prefix> is the install prefix (e.g., default prefix is /opt)