To verify that the Teradata Tools and Utilities software installed properly, run the sample CLI application, clisamp. The program and its makefile are installed during installation of Teradata Tools and Utilities.
Modify the following makefile so it contains the correct directory paths to the include
- makesamp.lx [32-bit]
- makesamp.lx64 [64-bit]
Execute the makefile:
make -f filename
where filename is the name of the file in the previous step.The executable module named clisamp is created.
Change the mode of the executable to run:
- chmod +x clisamp [32-bit]
- chmod +x clisamp_lx64 [64-bit]
Run the sample program using one of the following commands:
- Run the sample program using the default logon information
- clisamp [32-bit]
- clisamp_lx64 [64-bit]
- Show help for the sample program:
- clisamp -h [32-bit]
- clisamp_lx64 -h [64-bit]
- Run the sample program using a user-provided input string:
- clisamp tdpid/user,password [32-bit]
- clisamp_lx64 tdpid/user,password [64-bit]
CLIv2 version is 15.00.00.00 MTDP version is 15.00.00.00 MOSIOS version is 15.00.00.00 MOSIDEP version is 15.00.00.00 OSERR version is 15.00.00.00 Logging on to --> dbc/systemfe,service writing out to --> CLISAMP.DAT submitting --> select* from dbc.sessioninfo; writing out to --> CLISAMP.DAT Logging off.For information about security and connecting to a Teradata Database, see Security Administration, B035-1100.
- Run the sample program using the default logon information (dbc/systemfe,service):