The following restrictions apply to SHOW:
- The statement cannot be used as part of a multistatement request. It can be issued only as a standalone request.
- The USING request modifier cannot precede a SHOW request.
- DML_statement is limited to the following SQL DML statements:
- INSERT … SELECT
- The objects referenced in DML_statement must have valid object names. For example, SHOW SELECT 1 is not a valid request and returns an error.
- If an object contains UDTs, the SHOW statement does not report the DDL for its casting, ordering, or transform functionality.
To view those DDL statements, you must use the SHOW TYPE statement (see SHOW object).