A code that represents the programming language in which the external function is written.
This is a mandatory attribute for all UDFs.
The valid languages for writing external UDFs are C, C++, and Java.
For C and C++ functions, language_clause must be specified as LANGUAGE C or LANGUAGE CPP even if the external function is supplied in object form.
If the external function object is not written in C, C++, or Java, it must be compatible with C, C++, or Java object code.
- Keyword to introduce the programming language.
- The external UDF is written in C.
- The external UDF is written in C++.
- The external UDF is written in Java.
- Row-level security constraints cannot be written in Java.