- Added support for 128 nodes.
- Added support for Teradata Database 16.10, Teradata Ecosystem Manager, and multiple Server Management VMs for high availability.
- Updated the Teradata Database on VMware template versions.
- Added a new chapter, Installing and Configuring Other Teradata Applications
- Added the following new topics:
Supported Software for Teradata Database on VMware
Teradata Database Features
Preparing the ova Templates
Preparing the Templates in the Local System
Installing Teradata Distribution for Presto
Installing and Configuring Teradata Studio
- Renamed this book to
Teradata® Database on VMware Developer Tier Getting Started Guide. Changed terminology from edition to tier.
- Changed to using a deployment executable file instead of deployment scripts to deploy the Teradata Database on VMware software.
- Added VMware administrator privileges you need to install and configure the Teradata Database on VMware software.
- Updated the information about database sizing.
- Added instructions on running PowerCLI as Administrator.
- Changed Teradata Data Stream Utility to Teradata Data Stream Controller, which is the name of the component within the DSU product.
- Updated to add support for Teradata Database 16.00 and remove support for Teradata Database 15.00.
- Updated to reflect availability of Teradata Database on VMware Development Edition at http://downloads.teradata.com/.
- References to "Base Edition" now refer to "Enterprise Edition."
This book was previously known as
Teradata® Virtual Machine Developer Edition Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide.