Contact your Teradata Viewpoint Administrator to ensure you have the appropriate permissions to configure DSC settings in Teradata Viewpoint.
Add the systems by following the procedure Configuring Portlet Software, in the Data Stream Utility Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide for Customers.
In the Configuring a DSC section, the Broker IP of the DSC server can be found in the /etc/hosts file in the DSC LAN section.
- The Broker Port is 61616
- The Broker Connectivity is TCP
- The DSC Server Name is 127.0.0.1.
- The dsc_name is 127.0.0.1Repository.
- Add a backup solution. For more information, see Data Stream Utility Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide for Customers.
- Add a target group by following the procedure Adding or Copying a Target Group, in the Data Stream Utility Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide for Customers.
Remove IPv6 IP addresses from media servers.
If buttons in the portlet do not display properly, clear your browser cache and refresh your browser.
- Open the BAR Setup portlet.
- From the Categories list, click Media Servers.
- From the Media Servers list, select each media server and delete the IPv6 IP addresses beginning with fe. To ensure all traffic goes through the DSU network, remove all IP addresses except 39.42.xx.xxx.
- Click Apply.
You have completed the configuration settings for DSC. For more information about the settings in the BAR Setup portlet, see Configuring Using Portlet Software in the Data Stream Utility Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide for Customers.
You can run backup, analyze, and restore jobs using the BAR Operations portlet in Teradata Viewpoint. For more information, see the Teradata® Data Stream Architecture User Guide.