Teradata Database on VMware installation components consist of templates, property files, text files, and a deployment executable file.
- Required templates contain the Teradata Database and underlying operating system.
- Optional templates contain Viewpoint and its underlying operating system, DSC, Ecosystem Manager, and Server Management.
- Templates are ready to use and include defaults for disk space and configuration, I/O, network connections, AMPs, and memory. By default, there are 12 AMPs per node, managing 12 pdisks. If the number of vCPU allocated to each node is less than 12, only 6 TPA AMPs per node can be deployed instead of 12.
- The properties files define configuration settings for the overall Teradata Database on VMware environment and the specific virtual machines.
An executable file deploys the Teradata VM based on the configuration information in the property files.
After the database is deployed, the only way to change settings is to power on the system, run the removevms command, and run the deploy command again.
- Text files are used in time zone settings.
To download the licensed software, use Teradata Electronic Software Distribution (ESD). For more information, see the Electronic Software Distribution (ESD) Guide.