This property determines whether a mechanism is available for use.
|yes (the default except PROXY)||The mechanism is available for use.|
|no (the default for PROXY only)||The mechanism is not available for use|
- If you disable a mechanism on the Teradata Vantage system or on the Unity server (if used), it is unavailable for use, even if the mechanism is enabled on Vantage clients.
- When using Unity, all mechanisms enabled on the Unity server must also be enabled on all connected databases.
- You can disable a mechanism on a client to make it unavailable for only that client.If you disable a mechanism on a client, the mechanism does not appear in client application drop-down menus.
- To enable externally authenticated users to log on through Unity, you must copy the PROXY mechanism from the TdgssLibraryConfigFile.xml to the TdgssUserConfigFile.xml (Teradata Vantage) and to the TdgssUnityConfig.xml (Unity) and set the MechanismEnabled property to yes. Other TDGSS configuration changes are also required to support Unity. See Teradata® Unity™ Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide for Customers, B035-2523 for information on configuring Unity.
- For TDNEGO, this property can be set independently at the client and Vantage server. To turn off TDNEGO, set MechanismEnabled to no on all Vantage servers (see Disabling TDNEGO for other properties that must be set to disable TDNEGO). If MechanismEnabled is turned off for a mechanism offered by TDNEGO, that mechanism will not be available to be offered by TDNEGO and will also not be available independently apart from TDNEGO.