Storage is acquired both by Teradata Database and CLIv2; therefore, an application needs to release resources by letting CLIv2 know the application has finished processing the request (either successfully or because an error has occurred).
The End Request function releases the resources associated with a particular request. To end a request, an application must performs the following steps:
- Modify the DBCAREA.
- Set the Function to End Request.
- Set the Input CLIv2 Session Id used to initiate the request.
- Set the Input-CLIv2-request-number to the Output-CLIv2-request-number obtained when the request was initiated.
- Optionally set the following:
- Call DBCHCL to perform the End Request function.
- Check the return code from DBCHCL:
Return Code Results 0 The request is successfully ended. anything else Process the return code and DBCAREA message and resubmit the End Request.