Teradata Vantage™ is our flagship analytic platform offering, which evolved from our industry-leading Teradata® Database. Until references in content are updated to reflect this change, the term Teradata Database is synonymous with Teradata Vantage.
CLIv2 is a collection of callable service routines that provide the interface between applications and the Teradata Director Program (TDP) on an IBM mainframe client. TDP is the interface between CLIv2 and Teradata Database.
CLIv2 can operate with all versions of z/OS, VOS3, MSP, CICS, and IMS. CLIv2 sends requests to Teradata Database, and provides the application with responses returned from Teradata Database.
- Managing multiple serially-executed requests on a session
- Managing multiple simultaneous sessions to the same or different Teradata Databases
- Using cooperative processing so that the application can perform operations on the client and Teradata Database at the same time
- Communicating with two-phase commit coordinators for CICS and IMS transactions
- Generally insulating the application from details in communicating with Teradata Database