The ACCESS command drops access to the current CI or DB segment, and accesses a copy of the same segment in the specified location. If a location is not given, ACCESS identifies the copy of the segment that is currently accessed.
- Positions to the segment. Nothing is displayed unless there is a problem.
- Displays the segment in a short format. This is the default.
- Displays the segment in a medium-length format.
- Displays the segment in a long format.
- Displays the segment in an extended format.
- Displays the segment in hexadecimal.
- Verifies that the segment is logically correct, but does not display it.
- The location of the segment you want to access. The valid values are DISK, DRAM, or LATEST.
- If you omit place, the ACCESS command identifies which copy of the segment is currently accessed.
The ACCESS command must be invoked from a CI or DB context (as indicated by the CI ==> or DB ==> prompt).