- DEL AMP enhanced to perform "logical" AMP deletions for the
purpose of creating contiguous maps containing fewer than
all AMPs in system.
- New DUPLICATE AMP command for changing fallback type of new
- New LIST MAP command.
- Added mapname option to most LIST commands.
- New MAP option for SCOPE command.
- New MAP command.
- Added information about new Reconfiguration process that
uses contiguous maps to reduce time database is offline and
unavailable during a system reconfiguration.
- Added After Reconfiguration section.
- Deleted information about partial online reconfiguration
(POLR). Teradata Database no longer supports POLR.
Added information about running
AdjustSpace procedure after a reconfiguration that expands
Increased maximum number of concurrent
reconfig sessions and default (RECONFIG TASK option) from 10
New CLEAREIOCACHE command
option to DUMPDISK command
command and snapshot MI feature for faster file system
SCANDISK uses full cylinder reads by default
when scanning [W]DBs if the scanned AMP is offline
(down/FATAL) or if the database is not running.
Appendix: Starting the Utilities:
Removed discussion of HUTCNS from
Starting the Utilities appendix. The HUTCNS utility was
discontinued, starting with Teradata Databaserelease 16.00.