The MOD AMP command specifies that an AMP or a range of AMPs is to be moved from one cluster to another.
- one or more vproc numbers to be moved from one cluster to another.
- AMP vprocs are numbered consecutively starting from 0 to a maximum number of 16199.
- the new cluster number entry.
- CN = nnnn
- new cluster number with which the AMP or AMPs are to be associated.
- The cluster number ranges from 0 to 8099. If you do not specify a cluster number, it remains unchanged.
Configuration verifies the vproc number(s) and cluster number.
After the MOD AMP command is accepted, the attributes of the specified AMP are modified, and the system displays:
The AMPs attribute is modified in the new configuration.
If you type the MOD AMP command before the BEGIN CONFIG command, the command is ignored, and the system displays:
BEGIN CONFIG is not entered, and MOD AMP is ignored.
Example: Changing the cluster assignment of a range of AMPs
To modify the cluster assignment of AMPs four through eight to be part of cluster one, type:
ma 4 - 8 to cn = 1