This section shows the process of adding vprocs to a Teradata Database.
|Current configuration||New configuration|
|Four AMPS: 0, 1, 2, 3||Eight AMPS: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7|
|Two PEs: 16383, 16382||Four PEs: 16383, 16382, 16381, 16380|
|Cluster 0: (0, 1, 2, 3)||Cluster 0: 0, 1, 4, 5
Cluster 1: 2, 3, 6, 7
The configuration procedure described below performs three activities:
- Adds AMPs
- Adds PEs
- Changes cluster assignments
For this demonstration, do the following in the Database Window or comparable interface to the Teradata Database console subsystem, such as cnsterm:
- In the Supervisor window or screen,enter:
The Supervisor window displays:
Started ‘config’ in window 1.
The window number represents the application window or screen in which Configuration is running.
- To begin the session, type the following in the Configuration
window and press Enter:
- To add AMPs numbered four through seven, type:
add amp 4
add amp 5
add amp 6
add amp 7
- To add PEs numbered 16381 and 16380 to host number one, type:
add pe 16381, hn = 1
add pe 16380, hn = 1
- To assign AMPs to clusters automatically, type:
default cluster 2
- To end the session, type:
- To verify the new configuration, type:
list from new
- To stop configuration, type:
Configuration only defines the new system configuration. You must also run the Reconfiguration utility to actually perform the reconfiguration of the system to the new configuration.
For more information about the Reconfiguration utility, see Reconfiguration Utility (reconfig).