Server Management Network for System with Maximum 108 Nodes, 2 InfiniBand Switch Cabinets
- This configuration is built on the cabinet and collective topology defined in Collectives.
- The topology shown in the illustration above is based on an appliance system with 1-6 cabinets.
- This is an alternate topology to the one shown in Inter-Cabinet Server Management Network Topology to 108 Nodes (36-Port Switches).
- One or more of the processing/storage cabinets shown above may be in a single collective, depending on system configuration. The collective may include Platform Framework Cabinets (not shown).
InfiniBand switch cabinet contains one primary server management Ethernet switch and one secondary server management Ethernet switch.Although a cabinet number is not shown for the InfiniBand cabinet, the cabinet number must be unique in the system.
- Separate primary and secondary paths ensure network redundancy.
- The primary and secondary networks are configured as follows:
- The primary Ethernet switch in the InfiniBand switch cabinet acts as the gathering switch for the primary switches in all the cabinets in the system.
- The secondary Ethernet switch in the InfiniBand switch cabinet acts as the gathering switch for the secondary switches in all the cabinets in the system.
- For port-to-port cabling, see the appropriate Hardware Installation Guide.