InfiniBandNetwork Topology for a Maximum 108-Node System (108-Port Switches)
- Consists of one or more appliance cabinets, a VMS with SWS VM, plus additional (optional) Platform Framework Cabinets.
- Scalable up to 108 nodes and TMSs in any combination.
- One InfiniBand switch cabinet provides redundant InfiniBand networks (Network-0 and Network-1). The cabinet contains two 108-port switches.
- Each 108-port InfiniBand switch contains from 1 to 6 leaf boards. Each leaf board supports up to 18 nodes. Each switch has 3 spine boards that allow the leaf boards to communicate with each other, and one chassis management board for managing the network.
- Each node contains a dual port InfiniBand adapter that connects to each InfiniBand switch in the InfiniBand switch cabinet. A TMS may contain a dual port InfiniBand adapter that connects to the switches.
- Individual optical InfiniBand cables are used to connect nodes and servers in expansion cabinets to the InfiniBand switches in the InfiniBand switch cabinet.
- For port-to-port cabling, see the appropriate Hardware Installation Guide .