After moving tables to maps or expanding a system, the database space limits may no longer be accurate or reflect the actual space usages. Use the AdjustSpace procedure to re-adjust the space and skew values for a user or database.
This statement is a Teradata extension to the ANSI SQL:2011 standard.
CALL [TDMaps.] AdjustSpace ( 'DatabaseName', 'BufferPercent', 'ZeroSkewForSubMap', 'OutInfo' )
- The name of the database with the maximum permanent space and permanent skew to adjust based on its current usage.
- If ‘NULL,’ all databases in the system are considered for adjustment, except for the databases listed in TDMaps.SpaceExcludeDBListTbl.
- he percentage of extra buffer space to retain in the database.
- If NULL, the default values is fetched from TDMaps.SpaSettingsTbl.
- Sets zero skew if all the tables are in same map, and that map is a subset of TD_GLOBALMAP. Valid values are true, false, t, f, and NULL.
- Returns success or failure information. Additional output is logged into TDMaps.SpaceLogTbl.