Marks an Analyzer missing statistic recommendation as being user approved making it eligible for future automated collections.
REPLACE PROCEDURE TDSTATS.ApproveStat ( IN SCOID BIGINT, IN DatabaseName VARCHAR(128) CHARACTER SET UNICODE, IN TableName VARCHAR(128) CHARACTER SET UNICODE, IN ObjectListName VARCHAR(128) CHARACTER SET UNICODE, OUT NumApproved INTEGER ) ... ;
- TDSTATS ID for a missing statistics recommendation from an Analyze-related operation or an existing statistic copied from an Automate-related operation.
- Name of the database. DatabaseName approves all statistics defined on the database you specify.
- Name of the table within the specified DatabaseName. TableName limits the approval to the statistics defined on the table you specify within DatabaseName.
- Name of the object list. ObjectListName allows you to specify a previously defined list of objects (that is, one or more database names or fully qualified table names where each name entry may optionally contain wildcard characters) whose statistics should be approved.
- For more information about this input parameter, see the usage notes or CreateObjectList.
- Number of approved statistics that were previously unapproved.
- Resulting recommendations for new statistics may remain unapproved until ApproveStat is performed on them.
- Existing statistics copied to the TDSTATS database may also remain unapproved until ApproveStat is performed on them.
- SelectAutomatedStats and examine the ApprovedStat result column.
Approving Statistics Recommendations
|To approve ...||You must specify a value for ...|
|a single statistic recommendation||SCOID.
When specifying a value for SCOID, you do not need to specify a value for DatabaseName or TableName.
|all statistics recommendations for a particular database||DatabaseName.|
|all statistics recommendations for a particular table||both DatabaseName and TableName.|
|a list of objects that cannot be specified by DatabaseName or TableName||
ObjectListName that was previously created by the CreateObjectList and AddObjectListEntry external stored procedures.
ObjectListName usage is mutually exclusive with DatabaseName and TableName . When you specify a value other than NULL for ObjectListName , DatabaseName and TableName must be NULL.
Example: Using ApproveStat
The following example shows how to approve all unapproved statistic recommendations on the Employee table.
CALL TDSTATS.ApproveStat(NULL,'Personnel','Employee',NULL, NumApproved); *** Procedure has been executed. *** Total elapsed time was 1 second. NumApproved ----------- 1