Adds one classification criterion for a specific TASM rule in one or all existing rulesets. This step is repeated for each additional classification criterion, if necessary. This XPS is intended to support any TASM rule type (for example, throttle, arrival rate meter, workload, filter, and so on.). However, only system throttle and arrival rate meter are supported in this release.
REPLACE PROCEDURE TDWM.TDWMAddClassificationForRule ( IN RulesetName TD_ANYTYPE, IN RuleName TD_ANYTYPE, IN Description TD_ANYTYPE, IN ClassifcationType VARCHAR(20) CHARACTER SET LATIN, IN ClassifcationValue TD_ANYTYPE, IN ClassifcationOperator VARCHAR(6) CHARACTER SET LATIN, IN ReplaceOption CHAR(1) CHARACTER SET LATIN ) ... ;
- Name of the ruleset that contains the RuleName. Use ‘ALLRULESETS’ to indicate all existing rulesets. Cannot be null and its length must be between 1 and 30.
- Name of the rule to add the criterion. The specified name must be unique among all existing TASM rules: throttles, arrival rate meters, workloads, filters. A combination of RulesetName and RuleName uniquely identifies a specific rule. If RulesetName is ‘ALLRULESETS’, the criterion is added to the same rule name in all existing rulesets. It cannot be null. The length must be between 1 and 30.
- Description of the criterion.
- This table describes possible values for ClassificationType:
Value Description Group USER User name Request Source ACCT Account name Request Source ACCTSTR Account string Request Source PROFILE Profile Request Source APPL Application name Request Source CLIENTADDR Client IP address Request Source CLIENTID Client logon ID Request Source DB Database Target TABLE Table Target VIEW View Target MACRO Macro Target SPROC Stored procedure Target FUNCTION User-defined function Target METHOD User-defined method Target SERVER QueryGrid server Target STMT Statement type Query Characteristics ALLAMP All AMP request Query Characteristics MSR Multi statement request Query Characteristics MINSTEPROWS Minimum estimated step row count Query Characteristics MAXSTEPROWS Maximum estimated step row count Query Characteristics MINFINALROWS Minimum estimated final row count Query Characteristics MAXFINALROWS Maximum estimated final row count Query Characteristics MINSTEPTIME Minimum estimated step processing time Query Characteristics MAXSTEPTIME Maximum estimated step processing time Query Characteristics MINTOTALTIME Minimum estimated total processing time Query Characteristics MAXTOTALTIME Maximum estimated total processing time Query Characteristics JOIN Join type Query Characteristics FTSCAN Full table scan Query Characteristics MEMORY Memory usage Query Characteristics IPE Incremental Planning and Execution Query Characteristics QUERYBAND Query Band Query Band
- Value of the classification type to match for this criterion. A name can include the following wildcard characters:
- '*' = Matches zero or more characters
- '?' = Matches one character
Classification Type Classification Value USER User name ACCT Account name ACCTSTR Account string PROFILE Profile name APPL Application name CLIENTADDR Client IP address CLIENTID Client logon ID DB Database name TABLE Table name VIEW View name MACRO Macro name SPROC Stored procedure name FUNCTION User-defined function name METHOD User-defined method name SERVER QueryGrid server name STMT
- D = DDL
- M = DML
- S = SELECT
- C = COLLECT STATISTICS
Or a combination of the values above.
This ClassificationType can only be included, so ClassificationOperator must be set to 'I'.
ALLAMP Not applicable MSR Integer (>= 2) specifying minimum statement count MINSTEPROWS Integer (>= 1) specifying minimum estimated step row count MAXSTEPROWS Integer (>= 1) specifying maximum estimated step row count MINFINALROWS Integer (>= 1) specifying minimum estimated final row count MAXFINALROWS Integer (>= 1) specifying maximum estimated final row count MINSTEPTIME Decimal (>= 0) specifying minimum estimated step processing time MAXSTEPTIME Decimal (>= 1) specifying maximum estimated step processing time MINTOTALTIME Decimal (>= 1) specifying minimum estimated total processing time MAXTOTALTIME Decimal (>= 1) specifying maximum estimated total processing time JOIN Only one of these values is allowed.
- N = no join
- A = any join type
- P = product join
- Q = no product join
- U = unconstrained product join
- V = no unconstrained product join
FTSCAN Not applicable MEMORY Only one of these values is allowed.
- I = increased
- L = large
- V = very large
IPE Not applicable QUERYBAND Query Band name-value pair
- This parameter specifies whether:
- The classification criterion is for inclusion or exclusion.
- For Profile and User inclusion criteria, the implicit AND operation can be overridden with an OR operation (see below).
A request is qualified for a rule (throttle, AMR, workload, and so on) if:
- It satisfies all inclusion criteria of the rule, and
- It satisfies no exclusion criteria of the rule
When multiple criteria are attached to a rule name, TASM performs implicit OR/AND operations among the criteria.
- For multiple criteria from the Request Source group:
- Criteria of the same ClassificationType are joined together by the OR operator. For example, if the criteria of a throttle include USER=user1, USER=user2, then the throttle is applied to requests from user1 OR user2.
- Criteria of the different ClassificationType are joined together by the AND operator. For example, if the criteria of a throttle include USER=user1, ACCT=finance, then the throttle is only applied to requests from user1 AND finance account. This operation can be overridden so that USER and PROFILE criteria are joined together by the OR operator.
- For multiple criteria from the Target group (except SERVER), they are joined together by the OR operator. For example, if the criteria of a throttle include DB=db1, TABLE=db3.tableX, then the throttle is applied to requests that reference db1 OR db3.tableX.
- For multiple criteria from different groups, they are joined together by the AND operator. For example, if criteria include:
- USER: user1, user2, and user3
- DB: db1, db2
- TABLE: db3.tableX, db4.tableY
Values Descriptions I Inclusion criterion (mutually exclusive with E) E Inclusion criterion (mutually exclusive with I) O Join Profile and User criteria with an OR operator
- Only valid with PROFILE or USER
- Can be combined with either I or E
- 'Y' = Delete the existing criteria of the specified rule and add the criterion. If the specified rule does not exist or does not have any criteria, an error is returned.
- 'N' = Add a criterion. If the specified criterion exists, an error is returned.