Activates or deactivates a user-defined event.
REPLACE PROCEDURE TDWM.TDWMEventControl ( IN EventName TD_ANYTYPE, IN Operation VARCHAR(1) CHARACTER SET LATIN, IN Duration INTEGER, OUT NewStatus VARCHAR(8) CHARACTER SET LATIN, OUT PriorStatus VARCHAR(8) CHARACTER SET LATIN ) ... ;
- Name of the event specified.
- Status of the event:
- A = Active
- I = Inactive
- Time, in minutes, after the event expires.
- A value of zero indicates no expiration time.
- Status of the event after the procedure call.
- Status of the event before the procedure call.
- Notifications (for example, send alerts, run programs, or post to a queue table)
- Activate a health condition (SysCon) or planned environment (OpEnv). The highest priority for health conditions and planned environments determines the rule state values that the system enforces. Rule attributes that can be changed based on the rule state include:
- Rule enable flag
- Rule system session, system query, and utility throttle limits
- Workload throttle limits
For more information on SysCon and OpEnv, see the Teradata Viewpoint Help.
The TDWMEventControl procedure provides similar functionality to the USER EVENT CONTROL request. For more information about this interface, see USER EVENT CONTROL.
Example: Using TDWMEventControl
CALL TDWM.TDWMEventControl('NodeDownEvent', 'A', 0, NewStatus, PriorStatus);