Sets either the ResMonitor or ResLogging rate.
This function returns the previous collection rate value in seconds.
REPLACE FUNCTION SYSLIB.SetResourceRate ( SampleRate INTEGER, LogChange VARCHAR(1), VprocChange VARCHAR(1) ) RETURNS INTEGER ... ;
- Value of the collection rate. This field is used either to collect resource data or to log resource data to the resource usage tables.
- You can specify one of the following:
- The ResMonitor rate value if you want to change the resource monitoring rate.
- The ResLogging rate value if you want to change the resource logging rate.
The value should be an integral divisor of 3600.
- Zero to turn off the resource collection or logging.
- Indicator of whether this rate applies to the ResLogging or ResMonitor rate:
- Y or y = ResLogging rate
- N, n, NULL, or blank = ResMonitor rate
- This field is obsolete.
The SetResourceRate function provides similar functionality to the PMPC SET RESOURCE RATE request. For information about this interface and the ResMonitor and ResLogging rates, see SET RESOURCE RATE.
Example: Using SetResourceRate
This example uses SetResourceRate to set the ResMonitor rate.
SELECT SetResourceRate(60, 'N', 'N'); *** Query completed. One row found. One column returned. *** Total elapsed time was 5 seconds. SetResourceRate(60,'N','N') --------------------------- 600