The Mellanox 36-port switch is cabled sequentially. Start with the lowest node cabinet number, lowest node and end with the highest node cabinet number, highest node. The network uses the Mellanox InfiniBand Dual 56 Gb adapter in the node slot 5 with port 1 connecting to network 0 and port 2 connecting to network 1.
- Begin with 18 nodes or less.
- Add expansion rack without switches or cables.
- Cable nodes to base cabinet switches.
- For intra-rack cabling in cabinets 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27 through 79, and 80, see InfiniBand Node-to-Switch Cabling for Cabinet 1 (36-Port Switches).
- Consists of eighty-one processing/storage cabinets plus optional Platform Framework Cabinets.
- If the system is included in a UDA environment, some ports on the InfiniBand switch are used for UDA connections. The number of ports needed depends on the UDA configuration. For more information, see the Teradata Unified Data Architecture InfiniBand and Server Management Configuration Guide, B035-6001.