To apply innovative statistical techniques to analyze data stored in Vantage, you have the option to install R add-on packages from Comprehensive R Archive Network (CRAN). After they are installed, a new library called pkg can be used within an R script.
- Go to http://cran.us.r-project.org/ to download the R add-on package from CRAN.
- Put the downloaded R add-on package into the /tmp directory on the primary (PDN) node.
From the /tmp directory, run the td_installRaddon script.
/opt/teradata/PUTTools/misc/td_RTblop/td_installRaddon pkgnameThe script wraps the file downloaded from the CRAN website into a PUT-installable .rpm file and places the .rpm file in the current working directory which is /tmp.
- Install the .rpm on all nodes using PUT or manually using rpm commands.
Copy the rpm to all nodes.
For MPP installations, put the package in the same common location on all nodes.
Run one of the following commands:
- Single-node system: rpm –ivh packagename.rpm
- MPP system: psh rpm –ivh directory/packagename.rpm
- Using the R console, check if the package was installed correctly.