PrerequisiteBefore starting this procedure, do the following:
- Open a VMware vSphere PowerCLI shell version 5.5 or later.
- Navigate to the directory containing the Teradata Vantage on VMware deployment executable file (C:\mylocation\Teradata_Deployer\).
- [Optional] For troubleshooting purposes, make copies of the common.IT.properties.json and node.IT.properties.json properties files, label them according to the system to be deployed, and then save them.
- Run tdc.deploy.exe, using the properties files originally used to deploy the VMs.
- At the prompt, type IP address or FQDN for your vCenter.
At the prompt, type deploy, and press Enter.
The executable file connects to the vCenter server and validates the information in the properties files. When validation is successful, the executable file deploys the selected templates, and configures the VMs based on the values in the properties files.
- Select the Common Properties file, and press Enter.
- Select the Node Properties file, and press Enter.
- If a message warns you that running scripts is disabled, you must set the execution privileges, then proceed to the next step.
Review the information and do one of the following:
- If it is correct, press y.
- If the information is incorrect, edit the properties files and re-run the deployment executable file.
If there are no errors, the VM deploys. The deployment executable file is re-entrant, meaning if errors occur, they can be fixed and the executable runs all states again. Action is only taken as needed.
PostrequisiteAfter the VM deploys, complete the applicable procedures under Deployment Verification.