Since Developer is free, you cannot upgrade the Teradata software, apply software updates, or access the Teradata customer portal with this tier. Community-driven customer support is available at https://www.teradata.com/Products/Cloud/VMware.
Decide if you want to install other Teradata applications. For information, see Installing and Configuring Other Teradata Applications.
- Prepare the host node, including configuring virtual disks and network connections, and the script to create the datastores.
- Download the Teradata Vantage on VMware Developer Tier installation components from Teradata Downloads:
- If this is a new, single-server installation, install the vSphere kit .
- If this is a new installation, set PowerCLI execution privileges .
- Decide the location of the templates: vCenter or in the local system. You must prepare the templates before the initial deployment. See Preparing the ova Templates or Preparing the Templates in the Local System. For the quickest deployment, choose the vCenter.
- If this is a new installation, or if your VMware environment has changed, edit the values in the common.IT.properties.json file .
- Edit the node.IT.properties.json file with the values for the specific Teradata Virtual Machine installation .
- Run the deployment executable file to install Vantage, Teradata Viewpoint, and DSC.
- If you plan to use DSC, configure it.
- If necessary, start the database .
- Confirm that Advanced SQL Engine installed correctly .
- Confirm that Viewpoint installed correctly .
- If you want the virtual machine to communicate with a mainframe computer, establish the connection .