Using a BTEQ session is an effective way to access a Teradata Database. A BTEQ session includes the following functionality:
- Establish one or more Teradata Database sessions to submit single- and multi-statement SQL requests using either Teradata Mode or ANSI standard transaction semantics.
- Use Teradata SQL statements to view, add, modify, and delete data.
- Use formatting commands to produce Field Mode based columnar reports.
- Specify operating system commands.
- Create database objects, such as user-defined functions and stored procedures, that require transfer of source files.