The following procedure installs and configures the LZO compression libraries on Hortonworks Data Platform 3.1.4.
Download the SLES 12 HDP-GPL tarball from the repository and copy to Master Node #1:
The customer (NOT a Teradata representative) must download the HDP-GPL tarball. Teradata representatives may not download, install, or otherwise distribute software issued under the GPL license. Teradata representatives may assist customers who are installing (but not downloading or otherwise distributing) GPL licensed software by providing documentation, scripts, and even over-the shoulder guidance. Failure to abide by this directive can lead to disciplinary action. This directive is in effect so long as this tarball includes any component governed by the GPL license.
- Go to: https://docs.cloudera.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-220.127.116.11/bk_ambari-installation/content/hdp_314_repositories.html.
- Look under SLES 12 for the URL for the tarball.
- Download the tarball.
- Copy the tarball to Master Node #1.
- From Master Node #1, extract the tarball to /data/htdocs. tar xvzf <tarball filename> -C /data/htdocs
To enable and configure LZO compression, use the Hortonworks documentation and follow the instructions for these steps:
Enable LZO compression
This step includes setting the location of the HDP-GPL repository. You need to update the base URL for the HDP-GPL repository in Ambari to point to the correct location on Master Node #1, created when you extracted the tarball. For example:
Configure core-site.xml for LZO
The last step in this section restarts Hadoop services. If the restart fails, run this command on Master Node #1 to restart the Ambari Agents, and try restarting the Hadoop services again:
hcli node runonall 'ambari-agent restart'
- Enable LZO compression This step includes setting the location of the HDP-GPL repository. You need to update the base URL for the HDP-GPL repository in Ambari to point to the correct location on Master Node #1, created when you extracted the tarball. For example: