The Data Lab View enables you to access tables as child data labs in a data lab group. Copying a Teradata table to a data lab is as easy as dragging the source table from the Data Source Explorer and dropping it into the Data Lab View. The Data Lab Copy Wizard guides you through the steps of performing a table copy.
The Copy Wizard is not provided in Teradata Studio Express.
- Open the Data Source Explorer and navigate to the table object to copy to the Data Lab View.
- Drag the table object to the Data Lab View and drop it on the parent data lab group.
- In Copy Table verify the Source and Destination information is correct.
If the table does not exist in the data lab group, select from these options:
Option Description Copy Data Copies the source table data to the data lab table. To create a new table that is empty, de-select this option. If the target table exists, select to append or replace the data in the Data Lab. Lock Table Locks the table during the copy operation. Locking tables might cause performance to be slow.
If the table already exists in the data lab group, select from these options:
Option Description Lock Table Locks the table during the copy operation. Append to Existing Data Appends the source table data to the end of the data in the destination table. Replace Existing Data Replaces all existing data in the data lab table with the source table data.
- Click Next.
- In Filter Table specify which table columns to copy and then select a filter type and data value to filter the data in the column. This filter creates the SELECT statement for the COPY operation.
- Click Next.
- In SQL Preview Filter Table, review the generated SQL for the COPY operation.
- Click Finish.
- Monitor the progress of the COPY operation in the Transfer Progress View.