Teradata Vantage™ is our flagship data platform for enterprise analytics, which evolved from our industry-leading Teradata® Database. Advanced SQL Engine is the best-in-class processing engine at the Vantage core. Advanced SQL refers to the ability to run advanced analytic functions beyond that of standard SQL.
The Vantage Bring Your Own Model (BYOM) Predict function gives data scientists and analysts the ability to operationalize predictive models in Vantage. Predictive models trained in external tools with sample data from Vantage can be scored at scale using BYOM Predict functions. Models must be created in or converted to one of the model exchange formats supported by a BYOM function and stored in a Vantage table. The BYOM Predict functions read the model and score the input data to generate predictions that lead to intended business outcomes.
The Vantage BYOM feature supports the Predictive Model Markup Language (PMML) and the Model Object Optimized (MOJO) model format.
Without Vantage BYOM
- Prepare or transform sample data/features in Vantage.
- Export sample data/features from Vantage to the external platform.
- Construct and train models using external modeling tools running on the external platform.
- Prepare or transform scoring data/features in Vantage.
- Export the raw data/features from Vantage to the external platform.
- Run scoring/prediction jobs on the external platform.
- Import scores from the external platform to Vantage.
- Repeat steps 4-7 as new raw data/features become available.
Vantage BYOM is more efficient because you can eliminate steps 5-8, and scoring models in Vantage is high-performance and scalable to multiple models running concurrently.
With Vantage BYOM PMMLPredict Function
- Generate the external model in PMML or convert the external model to PMML.
- Load the PPML model into a Vantage table.
- Use the PMMLPredict function to score/predict on the data in Vantage.
With Vantage BYOM H20Predict Function
- Generate the external MOJO model in H2O Open Source or H2O Driverless AI.
- Load the MOJO model into a Vantage table.
- Use the H2OPredict function to create predictions on the data stored in Vantage.