Ethernet cards are required on:
- All master, data, and edge nodes in the Hadoop cluster when the following apply:
- Jobs are being submitted to the cluster from outside the InfiniBand network
- Data is being loaded to or from Teradata Database and Aster Database systems that are not on the same InfiniBand network
- A customer wants to monitor the cluster using a Viewpoint server located outside the InfiniBand network
- All edge nodes when the following apply:
- Jobs are only being submitted to the cluster from inside the same InfiniBand network or only through the edge node
- Data is not being loaded to or from Teradata Database and Aster Database systems outside the InfiniBand network
External hosts access Hadoop in one of two ways:
- For site-wide access, include the hostnames and IP addresses in your DNS configuration; DNS records need to match the hostnames returned by hostname -f, when run from a node for Hadoop.
- If the hosts are not included in DNS, external hosts can access the Hadoop cluster by including external IP addresses, like 126.96.36.199, in DNS or in a local /etc/hosts file.
- Run hostname -f on each node in the Hadoop cluster to determine the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) including hostname and IP address to include in DNS or local hosts files.