If the destination system has a different hash function than the source system, all of the data rows are redistributed during the migration. When LOB tables are restored across different hash functions, however the table cannot be used on the destination system until the rehashlobs.pl script has been executed, which rebuilds and redistributes the LOB table correctly.
- Create a temporary NoPI table that has the same field listing.
- Insert Select the data from the restored table (primary) into the temporary NoPI table.
- Delete all data rows from the primary table. (This ensures duplicates are removed.)
- Insert Select the data from the temporary table into the primary table.
- Drop the temporary table.
Additional changes are needed to NoPI Tables to change the hash bucket unique identifier for large tables with LOBs.