This procedure describes how to enable Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and verify that an IP address has been assigned to the tape library. This procedure is necessary for Quantum monitoring of the i3 tape library.
Log on to the Quantum Scalar Tape Library from the operator panel:
- User name: admin
- Password: password
- Click Log On.
, do the following:
- Click IP version 4 to use IPv4 IP address formatting, and click Next.
- Click Use DHCP to have an IP address automatically assigned to the system, and click Apply.
- If an additional screen appears, read the Caution statement, and click Apply. A Progress Window appears.
- When Success appears, click Close.
Verify that an IP address has been assigned to the tape library.
- Verify that the IP version 4 option button is activated, and click Next.
- Verify that the IP address is displayed in the IP Address box, and click Cancel.