- Access the web page of the managing CMIC.
- From the web page of the managing CMIC, select The CMIC configuration of the managing CMIC opens in the CMIC Configuration Editor. .
- Locate the cabinet entry to which you are adding a chassis.
Place the cursor where the new chassis
entry is to go.
The ID of the inserted chassis must match the physical location within the cabinet.
From the Insert Chassis
Template drop-down list, select the chassis to be added:
The chassis entry is pasted into the CMIC configuration.
Chassis Template Quantum Scalar Tape Library i3 TAPELIB QTMi3
- Remove the comment symbols preceding (<!--) and following (-->) the chassis entry.
Change the chassis ID number (the symbols and text shown
between quotation marks below) to the correct number for the new chassis.
<Chassis idnum=”### INSERT CHASSIS NUMBER ###”>
- To validate the syntax of the updated CMIC configuration, click and in the confirmation dialog box, click OK.
- To transfer (put) the CMIC configuration to the managing CMIC, click and in the confirmation dialog box, click OK.
To save the CMIC configuration to a backup location, click
in the security dialog box, click Save.
Use a backup location that is not on the server you are logged into. The file is saved to the directory using the default file name and format, which is CMICConfig_SystemID_CollectiveID_CabinetID_CMICChassisID.xml. For example, CMICConfig_1_90_1_6.xml.